- Categories: Areas
Expert Tree Service in Des Moines
From tree removal to pruning, Advantage Tree Service is your reliable arborist serving homeowners for over 20 years!
Your trees are a reflection of the overall health of your yard – when they aren’t in good shape, it can affect other vegetation in your yard and diminish your home’s curb appeal. In order to keep your trees looking great, promote healthy growth, and prevent any dangerous situations, professional trimming should be done regularly. By enlisting the help of a tree service company, such as Advantage Tree Service, your yard will maintain healthy growth for years to come. Whether you need emergency care, health improvements, or are looking to remove a compromised tree on your property, our staff is by your side.
How to Tell Your Trees Need to Be Trimmed
When you pay attention to the health of your trees, it can save you a lot of hassle. Trees will indicate when their due for a trim or prune – as a homeowner it’s vital that you know what to look for and when to call for professional service. Here are some common signs your trees need to be trimmed.
- After a strong storm or high winds, branches can be knocked loose or the strength of your tree can be compromised due to damage. If anything seems amiss after bad weather, it’s always best to call in for a professional to assess and trim if needed.
- An abundance of broken branches can mean the tree is experiencing a pest infestation or disease. Trimming and removing dead or broken branches can help the tree regain its health and continue growing properly.
- Any time a tree is growing too close or on top of power lines, it’s a dangerous situation. Be sure to call in a professional to trim the tree back as soon as possible.
- Crossing tree branches are a big indicator that a tree is too dense and requires pruning or trimming.
- A tree growing out of control is not good for the tree’s structure and impacts the healthy growth of other vegetation. It should always be trimmed back.
- Cracks in your tree’s bark can indicate a problem or disease. By pruning the tree, it can help to fix the branches with problems and give the tree a chance at recovering.
- While trees growing in odd and twisted shapes can be interesting, it’s not good for the tree. You should have them professionally trimmed to promote healthy and correct growth so that the structure and safety of the tree aren’t compromised.
What is Considered a Tree Emergency
While your trees are beautiful and provide tons of shade to your Des Moines home, they can also become dangerous. A tree emergency will not only compromise the tree itself but also can pt your home and family at risk. Generally, these emergencies are caused by two major issues:
- Tree Health: As your trees get older, they can become weaker. This can lead to things like cracked trunks and damaged branches. A health-related tree emergency including branches falling on your home, a tree that has completely fallen over, or a tree that’s leaning into power lines.
- Storms: If a storm is strong enough, it can easily uproot or damage your trees. A storm-related tree emergency is once again fallen branches, an uprooted tree, or a branch that has fallen onto your roof or through your window.
At Advantage Tree Service, we are your reliable emergency tree service provider. whether a branch has fallen on top of your home or it’s at risk for touching a powerline, you can count on our arborists to arrive quickly and keep your home and family safe.
Common Signs You Need Tree Removal
As mentioned above, any damage to your tree can put your home at risk. While many times this can be addressed with routine tree trimming, removing any risky branches, at some point, tree removal may be the best course of action. While you should always leave tree inspections to arborists, as a homeowner, you can still look out for warning signs including:
- Damaged tree branches in the crown
- A hollowed-out trunk
- Mold growth
- Discoloration or growth in the bark
- Bad tree location (too close to your home or power lines)
- Leaning tree
Before we schedule tree removal, we’ll always inspect the tree and determine if it can be saved. In many cases, like with damaged branches in the crown, it can easily be fixed with pruning. Additionally, with our tree health services, we can also use fertilizers and nutrients to strengthen your tree. However, once the tree has reached the end of its lifespan, removal is always the safest option.
The Benefits of Professional Stump Removal
Stump removal is a common part of the tree removal process. While the trunk and branches seem tough to take down, the biggest challenge is often the stump. The tree stump is often the largest part of the tree and has extensive roots that run underground. While some homeowners and tree service companies can get lucky with basic excavation and cutting, the best way to do this is with a stump grinder.
These heavy-duty tools not only chip and “grind” the stump, but also they attack the root growth as well. This ensures that the stump is removed entirely and also prevents the tree from growing back. Additionally, before this tool is used, a technician will locate any surrounding plumbing and pipes, preventing those mishaps like burst underground pipes.
How a Professional Arborist Can Help
Arborists have the important job of caring for the health and safety of individual trees. When you enlist the help of a professional arborist, you’re hiring experience and knowledge that you don’t get from other lawn care professionals. Some of the essential tree services we provide can include:
- Emergency tree services to help in the situation of a damaged or unsafe tree.
- Recommendations of trees that will grow well on your property.
- Pruning and trimming to keep your trees in good health.
- Removal of trees that are unhealthy, damaged, or in the way of other projects on your property.
- Planting of new trees.
For over 17 years, Advantage Tree Service has been the trusted and go-to professional tree service company for homeowners in Des Moines. Our professional technicians and arborists ensure your trees remain healthy, looking great, and don’t compromise the safety of your property. Whatever your tree needs are, we’re the right ones to call for the best job at a fair price. Call to schedule your appointment for tree care today!
At Advantage Tree Service, we’re dedicated to providing home and business owners in Des Moines with the very best tree service. From tree trimming to emergency removals, call us at (563) 355-7508 and get the help you need today!