- Categories: Areas
Iowa City’s Tree Specialists
Advantage Tree Services is dedicated to extending the life of all trees. Available for trimming, pruning, and emergency service, they are the arborist experts in Iowa City.
Iowa City is a beautiful landscape with several species of trees. Homeowners are more dedicated than ever in keeping the trees on their property well cared for. Tree trimming and pruning, however, can be a dangerous chore to tackle if you do not have experience in the field. When the time comes for your trees to be serviced, it’s beneficial to work with a trusted professional.
The Benefits of Having Your Trees Trimmed
There are many benefits of having your trees trimmed. As a homeowner, it is your responsibility to maintain the safety and longevity of the different species on your property. Here are a few benefits of having your trees trimmed:
- Reduces the risk of personal injury and property damage by eliminating the possibility of falling trees and branches.
- Trimming will allow your trees to be healthier as dead, dying, or infected limbs are cut away.
- Increase or decrease of growth depending on what is needed.
- Keeps the structure of the tree consistent reducing the number of broken limbs and branches.
- Aesthetics as groomed trees will add curb appeal to your property.
Does That Tree Need Removal?
Although tree pruning and trimming is a great way to care for your trees, at some point, tree removal may be the best course of action. Consider scheduling tree removal if:
- Old Age: While trees can last for decades, the older your tree, the weaker it can become. If you’re noticing your old trees are leaning or discoloring in the trunk, it’s best to have it inspected.
- Trunk Damage: Hollowed out trunks, discolored bark, and mold growth can all indicate the tree is sick or damaged.
- Tree Location: Trees can become more of a liability if they’re over your roof, near cars, or under power lines. As they grow taller, things can get worse, which is why tree removal is always a better option than dealing with an emergency.
- Fallen Branches: If the branches are constantly breaking and falling from the crown of the tree, there is likely a nutrient or health concern. Unhealthy trees can become a liability, with falling branches posing a safety concern for your property and family members.
At Advantage Tree Service, we are your tree removal experts. With over 20 years of local experience, you can count on us to efficiently and cleanly remove any problem trees from your property.
How Can You Improve Tree Health?
The proper amount of time between trimming can vary depending on the type of trees that are on your property. Another great way to improve tree health is with the help of an arborist. While water is an essential component of healthy trees, so is property care, fertilizing, and nutrients. When you consult our arborists for tree health service we will determine:
- The species of tree
- The season you are currently in
- What growth stage your trees are in
- Any damage or potential emergency that can be spotted.
- Any overgrown trees that can prevent access to the property or views
- When branches, limbs, debris, or roots are causing issues or damage.
More often than not, we can create the ideal fertilization and nutrient routine for your specific trees. Tree’s that are fruit-bearing are cared for differently than you basic shade tree, which is why working with experts that understand the biological setup of your trees is so important.
How Is Stump Grinding Done?
Another important project arborists can help with is stump removal. Once a tree is cut down, most homeowners are often left with a large stump that takes up space in the yard. Without specialized tools they can be difficult to remove completely, and often start growing again with time. A stump grinder is a specialized tool that uses heavy-duty cutting or grinding disks to remove a stump entirely.
Not only does stump grinding remove the stump itself, but also it removes the underground roots, preventing regrowth. A professional arborist will take all of the criteria above into account when determining the best way to handle your tree service needs. They are also experienced in the best safety procedures, and the most efficient way to keep your trees healthy and growing.
Advantage Tree Service is the expert in the Iowa City IA area. They have been serving the community since 2002 with dedication and professionalism. Their team of friendly experts is always on time, on-call, with no hassles involved. Give them a call today for a consultation at (563) 355-7508.